When I give someone the elevator pitch for GooseChase, I always make sure to weave in a couple of my favourite missions as examples. Not only does it get the point across, but this is usually the moment when they get what we are trying to do. Just like you put a face to a name, this puts an experience to the technology.
Since fun missions are the key to a great scavenger hunt, and we’ve got countless awesome scavenger hunt missions, I thought it would be fun to highlight my top 20. Feel free to use them for your own scavenger hunts or modify them as you please. If you want to see more, the full list is available in our game creation interface!
- Rickroll in Real Life: Knock on someones door and sing never gonna give you up caroling style.
- Hardcore Parkour: Show off your newfangled parkour skills by jumping over an object in style.
- Piggy Back Please?: Have a stranger give a teammate a piggy back ride. Hang on!
- Please Mom?: Take a turn on a coin operated children’s ride and get a little too excited about how much fun it is.
- Ribbit: Recruit a few strangers to play a leisurely game of leapfrog in the park with you.
- Safety First: Snap a picture of a team member wearing at least 3 items of personal protective equipment. Must be worn for the next mission as well.
- Wheel Barrow: Find a real wheel barrow and give a teammate a lift. Act nonchalant.
- Need for Speed: Engage in a footrace with a stranger for at least 100m (110y). Photo mid-race.
- Comfy?: Photo all team members less one sleeping on a department store mattress. Get cozy.
- Oxymoron: Balance is key for a healthy lifestyle. Go do yoga in a fast food joint with a stranger.
- Energy Boost: Photo all team members simultaneously chugging an energy drink of any type.
- Jugglin’: Find a stranger who can juggle 3+ objects. Snap them in action and give it a go yourself.
- Murder Mystery: Create a human chalk outline on the sidewalk of a public place with someone lying in it.
- Slam Dunk: You’re an NBA superstar. Throw down a thunderous slam dunk on something other than a basketball net.
- Stowaway: Airfare is expensive these days. Save a bit of money and hide in a suitcase.
- Breakdance Masta’: Teach a stranger how to do a breakdance move that you just invented.
- Employed?: Photo a team member working at a service job they’re not actually employed at.
- Fountain Fishing: Take a picture of a teammate fishing in a public fountain. Get creative.
- Mista’ Twista’: Engage in a spontaneous game of Twister in an elevator. Preferably with strangers in the elevator with you.
- Here for the Show: Photo your team eating popcorn and enjoying a movie at a local electronics store.
- BONUS! Quick Trim: Get a teammate to undergo a body hair waxing session.
Yup. Some are a little crazy, but you’d be amazed at how often they actually get done. When the game is on the line, even Quick Trim doesn’t look that bad. Afterwards, not so much, but that’s all part of the fun of scavenger hunts. Letting loose and going for the win!
If you have any great scavenger hunt missions you’d like to share, we’d love to hear them! Just drop us a line at email@example.com. We might even post the best ones to our blog, so fire away.
If you liked these missions and want to create some of your own, check out Three formulas for coming up with great scavenger hunt missions.